Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
HittinAgenda
sunshine1327
ovfd55
7 posters

Man Coverage Probelm?

Poll

Is there a Man Coverage Problem

[ 0 ]
    Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_left0%Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_left23%Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_right [23%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_left54%Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_left23%Man Coverage Probelm? Bar_right [23%] 

Total Votes: 13
    ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Man Coverage Probelm? Empty Man Coverage Probelm?

Post by ovfd55 Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Is there a problem with people running to much man coverage in the league,seen it brung up a couple times in.

If there is I have no way of policing it without honor code being a major factor but maybe this thread will help it

good zones can be confused as man sometimes

some zones have man in them ( hint one play I like has all but 2 coverage guys in zone the other 2 in man)

Could it be you ran or got sacked quickly on the zone plays they called

Pleasse respond and tell me why if so
    sunshine1327
    sunshine1327

Man Coverage Probelm? Empty Re: Man Coverage Probelm?

Post by sunshine1327 Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 pm

I voted "not really," only because it becomes what your team is set to play, what the situation is, and what plays you know are going to combat his offense. The only time is when a guy knows ur guys will never get open and exploits the use of man because Madden has decided they will run better routes than the wide outs, problem is that you cannot really police that. There are also plenty of plays that kill man, and if someone is manning up spread out the damn ball, utilize the running back, stop trying to force the pass, use your slot guy and receiving back or TE. There are always matchup nightmares where maybe your wideouts are covered but someone else will be open. Run the damn ball too!

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda
    Spokesperson for DWHO's LBGTQ Chapter

Post by HittinAgenda Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:16 pm

I played this one guy that played all zone...he beat me, so I think he should play more man.

Another guy played all man...he beat me, so I think we need a rule to ban man and the super imaginary man cheat.

This one dude blitzed a lot...he beat me. Fucking AI exploitative tactics-bag. Guys need tone it down with the blitzing already!

One guy had the perfect 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 mixture of coverages and pressures. I won. No complaints about that guy. Good dude.
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm

There is a problem with the repeated use of it as it but nothing more than someone not mixing it up. People are lazy and not everybody wants a chess match. Man coverages are easier to pick because you dont't have to pay attention to what everyone is doing. It is easy to tell who on offense and who on defense isnt mixing it up when you are playing them if you are paying attention. Also players want to have the freedom to move and are too undisciplined to be bogged down to a radius on a play.

In my opinion it just comes down to people want from them game. Some people want to stimulate their brain and be challenged (to an extent) and other people are just looking to play a videogame. I think we all want a good game, but some people just have stricter views on whats realistic compared to what isn't.

For example i'm not a big fan of people running straight to the sidelines when theres no open hole up the gut on the play )90 degree cuts) but there is not a real way to police this. But there are other people who don't see an issue but they might have the same view on 8 other madden topics. That ninth one is just different. With 32 people there are not alot of points that be uniformly agreed upon.

That said, I do think people need to mix it up more and realize there are other ways to attack your opponent. Even if you don't like zone coverage you can use zone to set up a zone blitz. Also try spotlighting a WR or TE in zone coverage pre-snap.
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda
    Spokesperson for DWHO's LBGTQ Chapter

Post by HittinAgenda Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Man Coverage Probelm? Like

What kotb said.
    lurchyt
    lurchyt

Post by lurchyt Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 pm

KOTB knows... also i think the rules should be stricter on attacking people in the chat, it creates huge arguments.
    no1xdraftpck
    no1xdraftpck
    ~OG~ will cut you

Post by no1xdraftpck Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:43 pm

no problems. people cant beat something and they assume its the other person cheating. People need to learn more about football, the game, the mechanics. otherwise it just looks like a sore loser talking out of their ass
    bigregg22
    bigregg22

Post by bigregg22 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh wow! Never seen this thread

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 am