Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

2013 Week 1

lurchyt
    lurchyt

2013 Week 1 Empty 2013 Week 1

Post by lurchyt Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Thursday Night Football - Opening Day

Seattle Seahawks (0-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-0)
    We open up the season in usually fashion, NFL Superbowl champs Cincinnati against Superbowl hopefuls Seattle Seahawks. The Bengals are bringing in one of the nations top passing games led by NFC Probowler Andy Dalton. The Bengals were able to add more firepower this offseason by acquiring runningback Danny Woodhead out of free agency. " Danny brings another dimension to my superbowl offseason, the ability to create plays out of the backfield" says Coach Lillard. While the Seahawks are no pushovers they come into this game underdogs even after finishing 12-4 in a very tough NFC. Seattle is hoping last years first round pick Bruce Irvin can make his presence felt this year after a 4 sack season in 2012. Coach Stroh feels Irvin is poised for a break out year, " Irvin has been working his ass off in practice, if you want a break out player this year, its this guy." In the end I think Cincinnati's offense will be too much for Seattle to handle and the class of the AFC will be shown.
    Bengals - 31 Seahawks - 17

Sunday Night Football
    Indianapolis Colts (0-0) at Tennessee Titans(0-0)
    Our Sunday Night match-up pits Division foes Indianapolis Colts against the Tennessee Titans. The AFC south had a down year last year after having the Colts, who finished 8-8, make the playoffs out of the division compared to its NFC counterparts who had a 12-4 team miss the playoffs having many question the strength of the AFC. While the Colts were able to sneak in they still were unable to make it past the first round and were bounced in the first round by the Wildcard Browns. The Colts wanted to bolster their offense this offseason so, they traded up to the 13th pick in the draft to select Runningback Aerion Boudreaux. He was selected 2 spots ahead of the Colts by the St. Louis Rams, causing controversy and having Colts Headcoach call the league office for tampering, charges were later dropped. The Colts were able to take Conerback Deandre Poole instead to bolster and already deep secondary, with the addition of Wide receiver Greg Jennings, the Colts look to win the AFC again but in more dominating fashion. The Titans have other plans, after a disappointed 6-10 season, Tennessee brought in the god that is Tim Tebow and drafted Defensive End Shayon Newman with the 29th pick. " I felt Newman and Tebow can bring physicality to a team that had very little, i think that is what we were missing." says Coach Daniels. I think the Titans added physicality will show this game but i dont think the Titans have a defensive weapon to stop newly acquired Greg Jennings of the Colts, Colts win.
    Colts - 24 Titans - 13

Monday Night Football
    Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns
    The Monday night battle has the lowly ravens taken on the surprise of last year, The Cleveland Browns. If you wanted to rate who might of had the worst last season, id probably hand that title of the the Ravens. The Ravens lost franchise QB Joe Flacco to Free agency, Hall of Famer Ray Lewis and both rising star Tightends. They were able to hold on the Strong Safety Ed Reed by handing him the franchise tag, halting what would of been a major loss. Ravens staff decided it was a rebuilding year so they traded Widereceiver A.Boldin for Widereceiver B.Quick and a third round pick in the 2014 draft. Adding everything that happened to the 4-12 debacle last season the Ravens are heading into this game as a heavy underdog. The Browns on the other hand are flying high. In Free Agency Cleveland was able to solidify an already strong offensive line, which plowed the way for 1600 yards by rookie Richardson, by adding Right Guard Andy Levitre. In the draft the Browns were looking Defense to slow down their in-state foe Cincinnati by drafting two Conerbacks with their first picks. Coach Zuchengo says " Against a team like the Bengals you cant have enough Cornerbacks, I think i was able to move around in the draft and get some quality talent. Talent that may needs some time to grow but talent nonetheless." The Browns finished 10-6 last year, i dont expect anything less out of them, i think they beat up on the Ravens just as they did this preseason.
    Browns - 20 Ravens - 3
    bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

2013 Week 1 Empty Re: 2013 Week 1

Post by bizzyrg Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Good write up. I like that. Hope we get more of these through the year.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm