Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
bizzyrg
no1xdraftpck
LethalNtention
G Waffle19
8 posters

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN)

aceblazer13
    aceblazer13
    Keith of the Hawaiian Keiths

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Empty Ace's Space (presented by OVNN)

Post by aceblazer13 Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:24 am

Ace's Space
    (presented by the OV News Network)

Aloha DWHO!  To my old friends, so glad to be back after a 4 year hiatus.  To those that don't know me, looking forward to getting to know you and gaming with you all.  A little about me, I'm originally from Southern California and moved to Hawaii about 5 years ago.  My Cali roots make me a huge LA sports fan - Dodgers, Kings, Lakers, Trojans, and finally got my Rams back after waiting for 20 years.  I work in the construction industry, married for 15 years, no kids - love being an uncle.  And I'm here to have fun!  I love cracking jokes and I can take it if you're dishing it.   

So what is this Ace's Space thing?  Well, because I'm way out on this rock, when you all are headed to bed, I'm eating dinner so I have time to tap out some commentary.  In the past, I would write mostly about my team but who cares about the freaking Lions right?  So this time around I'd like to write about everyone else's teams and players.  

Ace's Space will be interviews with players and owners, commentary on games already played, statistical analysis, predictions of future play, and more.  I hope everyone finds it interesting.  Also, if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  

Enjoy!

aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Empty Re: Ace's Space (presented by OVNN)

Post by aceblazer13 Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:17 am

Season 2 Week 1

For our first guest in Ace's Space, we welcome DWHO's 2017 1st round #24 draft pick by no1xdraftpck and the New Orleans Saints, Cory Skelton.  The lanky Skelton checks in at a long 6'3" and lean 191 lbs. and came out of the SEC with an impressive career for the Volunteers.  He is part of an offense with high expectations for 2017 after being selected by OVNN as a favorite to get to the Super Bowl this season.  If the Saints are to live up to those expectations, Cory will certainly be a factor in the equation and he certainly started off on the right foot.  

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Interv11

In week 1, Cory was able to amass 137 receiving yards on 6 catches and a whopping 3 TDs.  For this performance, he was awarded the NFC Offensive Player of the Week and the inaugural seat here at Ace's Space.  Let's get right into the interview.

Ace:  Cory, great game last week.  3 TDs on 6 receptions is a great game for seasoned receivers, how does it feel to get it done in your DWHO debut?

Cory:  It felt great being out there, first NFL game, especially at home.  I was just trying to enjoy the moment and wasn't worried about individual stats.  

Ace:  It is an impressive accomplishment though.  Can you keep up the 1 TD to 2 catch pace for the season? 

Cory:  Haha, it would be nice to maintain that ratio throughout the season, but let's be realistic Ace, those games only come around once in a while.  But, then again, with Drew throwing the ball, who knows, anything is possible!

Ace:  I don't want to jinx it, but if you maintain that level of production, you will be a lock for rookie of the year honors.  Who do you see as your biggest competition in the NFC?

Cory:  I would love to be in the running come end of season but it's definitely going to be tough with the competition out there.  I'd say some guys that will give me a run for my money will be BJ Spanos up in Minnesota, Stryzinski playing TE with the Niners, and Hagans at tailback for the Bears.  Ford at receiver for the Chiefs is another to watch.

Ace:  No love for our boy Moreno playing QB in Detroit?  I'll make sure to pin that up in the locker room haha.  Speaking of QBs, you mentioned Drew earlier.  Obviously you've developed a strong on-the-field rapport with him already but the man is nearly twice your age.  He's old enough to be your dad.  Has the generation gap affected your off-the-field relationship?

Cory:  Drew is living proof that age is nothing but a number!  He is THE guy in charge of locker room music and playing stuff the hoodlums listen to in the 'hoods.  Seriously though, he's a great mentor, being a guy that has won a Super Bowl in the past, he knows what it takes to win it all and I just want to learn from him as much as I can.  All the guys, Cooks, Thomas, Snead, help out a ton.  We're all about the same age so we get along really well.

Ace:  Sounds like you got drafted into the perfect situation.  One last question because I know you're anxious to prepare for the Panthers.  Nicknames, do you have one?  Because Skeletor seems really obvious...

Cory:  Haha, Skelly, Big C, Gory Cory, Bonez... whatever the boys are calling me.  Thanks for having me Ace!

Ace:  Bonez it is!  Thanks for taking the time to meet with us and best of luck the remainder of the season.  Thanks also to no1xdraftpck for allowing Cory to step away for a few minutes so the league can get to know him.  That's all for now in Ace's Space.  See you next week!
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

Post by G Waffle19 Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:47 am

great work Ace, thank you.
    LethalNtention
    LethalNtention
    May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:38 am

Good stuff...lol.  Thanks.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks for reading!  
    Truth be told, I have the easy part, I just ass, I mean ask the questions.  The real contribution is the guys that participate by answering.
    no1xdraftpck
    no1xdraftpck
    ~OG~ will cut you

Post by no1xdraftpck Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Well put together. Glad I could be featured!
    bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

Post by bizzyrg Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Well done. That's good work right there
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:37 am

Season 2 Week 2

Another big week in DWHO in the books and in Ace's Space we have another visitor.  Always a contender, let's welcome the owner of the Cleveland Browns, Tosh.  

Ace:  Tosh, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule, especially after a tough loss to the reigning champ.  The AFC North looks again to be one of the toughest divisions in DWHO.  Who comes out on top in 2017?

Tosh:  This division is definitely one of the toughest divisions, arguably the toughest.  DWHO is strong this year all around and each division has a good battle brewing.  Having OV in the division this year adds two more tough games.  We always have great battles.  Wavy is a wildcard, has a good team and I think his gameplay is starting to become more acceptable, the guy has nothing to lose so he can be dangerous.  Then there is the champ, Luigi.  I think my personal losing streak is up to 14!  The city of Cleveland is not happy about it, especially since he has taken of the Ravens.  The Ravens have to be the front runner and the rest are just fighting to steal a wildcard berth.

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Interv12

Ace:  Tosh, we have lost track of how many QBs your team has started over the years, no doubt you've seen the jersey image on social media with all the names, and you obviously felt it was serious enough to trade all the way up to the #1 overall pick.  Is Nienhuis the answer?  Or is it too early to tell?

Tosh:  Wyatt had a good preseason and has shown the potential to be "the man".  Right now it is too early to tell and this season will have its share of problems because we are starting 3 rookies on the o-line.  We really need to find a playbook that we can establish a run game and Wyatt has been bugging the coaching staff on letting him run a little more!  

Ace:  If the scouting reports prove true, he certainly has the legs for it and it may mean success.  Cleveland itself has experienced a boom in sports success this season.  The Cavs won it all, and the Indians are on the cusp of winning it all.  Are the Browns feeling the pressure to win now?

Tosh:  The Dawg Pound is RABID and a championship for the Browns would turn the city upside down.  But at the moment the other sports teams have taken the pressure off a little bit.  Not too many expectations for the Browns right now.  We have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds next year and a very young roster.  If we can hire someone to steal Luigi's xbox we might have a shot earlier than expected.

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Interv10

Ace:  I hear Lethal has some "friends" in South Florida that may be able to help with that task.  Anyways, there are rumors swirling that you attended a wedding this weekend with a couple of our league members and it got pretty wild.  Good time?

Tosh:  Haha, the DWHO wedding got a little rowdy.  Coaches from the Panthers and Texans were in attendance.  I would have to say the Panthers coach was the most obnoxious as his alter ego "weekend warrior/ datomcat" made an appearance.  Also an old DWHO sub tystroh was there and was repeatedly made fun of for not being able to hang in DWHO.  There were rumors that the Panthers were trading stars for trips up to the bar, but the TC had to step in and shoot down all these rumors.  Shortly after the wedding the Texans coach had to get to the Airport to fly back to Houston to make his game the next day.

Ace:  Sounds like a good time all around.  Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.  Go Indians! and best of luck rest of season!
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Season 2 Week 3

Another week in the books and for week 3 I put a call in to DC in DC because we wanted to get rookie LB Clinton Hartsell to visit us here in Ace's Space.  The Skins drafted Hartsell out of Tulsa and the man has done nothing but make plays.  In week 3 he recorded 2 more interceptions to bring his total on the young season to 4 and put him in a tie for the league lead with Gaines up in Chicago.  

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Interv13

Ace:  Clinton, are you surprised by your early success?  

Clinton:  I am suprised but I have always been a playmaker. When I declared for the draft I was listed as an OLB, but right before the Skins picked me they called me up and said we see you as a sideline to sideline MLB that can use elite speed to make plays. Of course, I said no problem coach.

Ace: Your defense tallied a total of 7 picks on the day against the Niners.  After being drafted 29th overall this season, do you find yourself just trying to fit in or are you comfortable enough with the squad to compete as the top dog in the unit?

Clinton:  Honestly I felt like I fit in right away. Cravens who also learned to play MLB took me under his wing and let me know how to make plays in this defense.  He's really become a mentor for me.

Ace:  Has your team noticed that OVNN's predictions did not include Washington in the playoff picture?

Clinton:  People that miss the playoffs have a lot of time to write whatever they like. Teams that make the playoffs don't have time to read things like that.

Ace:  Roger that.  Let that sink in for a minute DWHO...
    Finally, there has been a lot of discussion about whether the Redskins name is appropriate.  Any thoughts on the matter?

Clinton:  (no comment... the question was literally ignored, he didn't even say no comment)

Ace:  Ok, we'll save that subject for another time...  Moving on, we know the Giants are up next for a huge division game so we'll let you go. Thanks for taking a few minutes to let us get to know you.

Clinton:  Yea huge game this week! I know they beat us twice last year and now both teams are 3-0. Whoever wins next are the front runners in the NFC East and playoff-bound.

Ace:  Go get 'em Clinton!  Thanks again for your time and thank you DC for making him available.  Until next time... this is Ace's Space.
    LethalNtention
    LethalNtention
    May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 am

Lol...great stuff...

Playoff teams don't have time for that...lol.
    no1xdraftpck
    no1xdraftpck
    ~OG~ will cut you

Post by no1xdraftpck Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 am

Love these!

Thanks
    VanFlank
    VanFlank
    Commissioner

Post by VanFlank Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 am

awesome stuff
    bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

Post by bizzyrg Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:11 pm

aceblazer13 wrote:Season 2 Week 3

Ace:  Has your team noticed that OVNN's predictions did not include Washington in the playoff picture?

Clinton:  People that miss the playoffs have a lot of time to write whatever they like. Teams that make the playoffs don't have time to read things like that.

Ace:  Roger that.  Let that sink in for a minute DWHO...
    Finally, there has been a lot of discussion about whether the Redskins name is appropriate.  Any thoughts on the matter?

Clinton:  (no comment... the question was literally ignored, he didn't even say no comment)
    That might be the funniest exchange in a DWHO interview ever.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Glad everyone's enjoying this.  I'm having fun doing it.  And thanks so far to DP, Tosh, and DC for participating...
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

Post by G Waffle19 Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:40 pm

hahaha
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Season 2 Week 4

With week 4 coming to a close, we've got an early edition of Ace's Space to feed your craving for DWHO entertainment.  And who better to entertain us than zoufan himself.  This should get interesting...

Ace's Space (presented by OVNN) Interv11

Ace:  zoufan, so happy to have you here my friend.  Congratulations on the Titans excellent start.  What has made the early difference for the Titans?  

Zou:  Well, let me begin by saying thank you for letting me be a part of Ace's Space.  I think the big difference has been an improved secondary.  The addition of CB Jason Verrett has been a big help.  The defense itself has been on an uptick, and we as a team have to do what we can to keep up the pace.  

Ace:  Great job against Houston.  They were moving the ball well but your D stepped up when it mattered against Osweiler and company with 5 turnovers.  Who is the face of the franchise?  

Zou:  At the moment, I can tell you who isn't the face of the franchise, SAM BRADFORD.  Have you seen his stats recently?  Our QB position has to step up or we will be forced to try and bring in help from the outside.  Moving Mariota in the offseason was a bold move, but we felt it was needed to improve our defense which was a sieve last year against the pass.  So ... while some of that falls back on ownership, ultimately we put our faith in the players and he hasn't lived up to his billing.  

Ace:  I think the word is shocked for how people felt with the switch from Mariota to Bradford.  But, it takes bold moves to win and at 3-1, you're tied with last year's division winning Jags, the Colts are at .500 but seem to be struggling with confidence, and as mentioned you just beat the Texans and rumors are swirling that they're on the search for a new QB.  Is this the season zoufan makes a strong return to the DWHO playoffs?  

Zou:  You will never hear me get too cocky or over-confident, but this very well could be the season we get back to the promised land.  I am realistic that we don't have the skill to ever get to or win the Super Bowl, so just getting to the playoffs is our Super Bowl, and if we happen to win a game then that's just icing on the cake. 

Ace:  So true, I feel like there are several teams that can relate because the talent level in this league is so deep.  Finally, Ace's Space has uncovered a report that a complaint has been filed in Davidson County, TN against the Tennessee Titans organization stating that they are violating the NFL's equal opportunity employer program by their unashamed bias for University of Missouri alumni staff and players.  Any comment?  

Zou:  You find whoever the "f..." filed this complaint and tell them to come see me personally.  There is a reason we go for athletes from the best university in the country.  If the citizens of this inbred state don't like the way we run our organization, then they can find another team to root for.  Better yet, just tell them to put a gun to their head and just end it all...  Go Titans!!

Ace:    Shocked

Ace:  Sorry, took me a moment to gather my thoughts after that outburst.  Look out AFC South, Titans are on a mission and obviously not afraid to get violent.  Thanks zou for taking the time and hope ostracizing your entire fan base doesn't have too negative effect on your good start.  Until next time... this is Ace's Space.
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

Post by G Waffle19 Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:32 pm

lol!
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Controversial on GroupMe so all the more reason to record it here until the end of time...
    I plan to update this after week 1 so prepare your hatred, vitriol, and gnashing of teeth.

POWER RANKINGS (according to ace)

1. Ravens, Luigi
    SB winner. Big surprise? No.
    2. Steelers, ovfd
    Strong effort v Luigi, possible #1 if the TE was healthy.
    3. Giants, Bundy (+1)
    Excellent season. Will he repeat in NFC?
    4. Rams, Knugs (+1)
    Knew the run game was strong but doubt many expected that playoff run.
    5. Bills, Pride (+11)
    Felt like he flew under the radar, even in playoffs...
    6. Saints, DP (+1)
    Late season push won division, will it be close this season?
    7. Bears, sunshine (+4)
    Will Hagans duplicate his effort?
    8. Browns, Tosh
    Has Tosh lost a step on the league? We will see...
    9. Texans, NWS (+3)
    Osweiler on his way out. Will it make a difference?
    10. Titans, zoufan (-1)
    New QB ensures South goes down to wire again.
    11. Cowboys, zuke (-1)
    Better than his game v Knugs made it seem.
    12. Falcons, King (-6)
    Are we looking at a rebuild or a reload?
    13. Patriots, Maori
    Has weapons, will they be traded? Probably not.
    14. Bengals, Beaver
    Still a mystery but would be nice to see another competitor in toughest div in DWHO.
    15. Jaguars, vanflank
    Rebound season... watch.
    16. Redskins, DC (+1)
    Missed playoffs, has plenty time to write articles.
    17. Cardinals, noexult (+1)
    Team is aging quickly, can noe get volume for superstars?
    18. Panthers, PhoofyPhil (+5)
    Predicting big jump for Phoof this season.
    19. Buccaneers, Waffle
    Who is throwing the ball? Same question as last season.
    20. Vikings, alwaysrushing
    Real life afffecting play, can rush find the time to compete?
    21. Lions, bizzy (+11)
    Bizz takes on a big challenge but instantly improves this team.
    22. Dolphins, lethal (-1)
    If he quits playing on zoom, he has a shot at winning div.
    23. Eagles, kotb (-1)
    Another mystery. Feel like kotb should be better.
    24. Colts, Dardman
    Who gets pooped on next?
    25. Seahawks, Marty
    Stars on the block. What's the plan?
    26. Raiders, ace (-23)
    Inherited a great team. Button pusher is a huge downgrade.
    27. Chargers, Kayser (-1)
    Possibly the thinnest roster in DWHO. Recovery season?
    28. 49ers, Big Oz (-1)
    Is the confederate speedo affecting gameplay?
    29. Packers, Swaney (-1)
    The new guy!
    30. Jets, Pack (-1)
    Win total inversely proportionate to bong hits.
    31. Chiefs, Widowmaker (-1)
    Windowmaker until further notice.
    32. Broncos, nutt (-1)
    McManus was best QB last season.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Also, thank you again to all the participants in Ace's Space last season:

no1xdraftpck
    Tosh
    DoubleClutch
    zoufan

Shooting for 8 this season...
    Touchdown Bundy
    Touchdown Bundy

Post by Touchdown Bundy Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:44 pm

my favorite 
    16. Redskins, DC (+1)
    Missed playoffs, has plenty time to write articles.
    noexult
    noexult

Post by noexult Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:12 am

17. Cardinals, noexult (+1)Team is aging quickly, can noe get volume for superstars? wrote:17. Cardinals, noexult (+1)
    Team is aging quickly, can noe get volume for superstars?

Is my team aging more quickly than others? Rolling Eyes If you mean my team is old...From what I can see my starting 11 on offense has an avg age of 25.4 approx. Defense is a bit younger, avg is around 23.3.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:35 am

No, I meant your team is aging faster than every other team. I recommend more time in the sauna, supposedly it has an anti-aging effect.  The research was conducted in your part of the world.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:12 pm

POWER RANKINS (according to ace - as of week 5, season 3)

Power rankings are always controversial and I'm sure this one will be.  But, if you think this is easy... give it a try yourself and post it up here.  I'd love to compare notes and thought process of how you get there.

1. Ravens, Luigi (0)
    Is there really anything to be said here?
    2. Rams, Knugs (+2)
    This team is a powerhouse.  Another deep playoff run barring disaster.
    3. Bills, Pride (+2)
    Pride’s game right now is near flawless.  Lock to win his division.
    4. Browns, Tosh (+4)
    Cavs, Indians, and now the Browns?  Who next the Blue Jackets? 
    5. Panthers, Phoof (+13)
    I told you so…
    6. Cowboys, zuke (+5)
    Wildcard last season, on a mission to win the div this time around.
    7. Packers, Swaney (+22)
    The new guy isn’t messing around.  Anybody miss BA?
    8. Bengals, Beaver (+6)
    Tough player but tougher division. Not sure the Wildcard is possible here.
    9. Steelers, ovfd (-7)
    Not the same team without Bell.  Any regrets?
    10. Titans, zoufan (0)
    Hot team cooling off or just a bad day?  We will see in week 6.
    11. Jaguars, vanflank (+4)
    Better team than the record shows.  I still think this is a rebound year.
    12. Seahawks, Marty (+13)
    Where did this guy come from?  Marty wants some attention.
    13. Vikings, alwaysrushing (+7)
    Daddy is taking care of business.  Will compete for division title.
    14. Giants, Bundy (-11)
    This one confuses me.  Not sure where the Giants went off the rails.
    15. Eagles, kotb (+ eight)
    Feel like kotb is on the verge of a breakout.  Tough division though.
    16. Bears, sunshine (-9)
    Lives and dies by the run game.
    17. Saints, DP (-11)
    The Big Easy is taking it easy on gameday.
    18. Texans, NWS (-9)
    Feel like this is low but need to see some movement in the W column.
    19. Patriots, Maori (-6)
    Same as Texans.
    20. Redskins, DC (-4)
    Is it time to put DC’s face on a milk carton?
    21. Cardinals, noexult (-4)
    Huge win over the Packers, probably should be higher.
    22. Buccaneers, Waffle (-3)
    Tip:  more practice, less porn.
    23. Colts, Dardman (+1)
    If Dard had some D, he would be dangerous.
    24. Falcons, King (-12)
    Same as Buccs.
    25. Chargers, Kayser (+2)
    Best of the worst.
    26. Broncos, nutt (+6)
    2nd best of the worst.
    27. Raiders, ace (-1)
    Proving to be a poor button pusher.
    28. 49ers, Big Oz (0)
    Big Oz is struggling in a tough NFC West.
    29. Jets, Pack (+1)
    Huge improvement in play but still can’t fill up that W column. 
    30. Dolphins, Lethal (- eight)
    0-5 is unexplainable here. 
    31. Lions, bizzy (-10)
    0-5 is easily explained here.  Sold out for draft picks and then missed draft. 
    32. Chiefs, Widowmaker (-1)
    Trouble on both sides of the ball.  Won’t be at the bottom end of season.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:38 am

POWER RANKINGS (as of week 11, season 3)
    according to ace with special thanks to Pride for his input

1. Ravens, Luigi ‐ takes more than one loss to get removed from this throne.
    2. Browns, Tosh – strong, but not strong enough… yet.
    3. Bills, Pride – his business is winning and business has been good.
    4. Rams, Knugs – NFC’s best but he has company and 2 less than stellar performances.
    5. Bengals, Beaver – most divisions Beaver is a lock for playoffs, welcome to the AFCN.
    6. Steelers, ovfd – predicting a very strong push, won’t be surprised if he wins out.
    7. Vikings, alwaysrushing – mark him down for a first round bye in the playoffs.
    8. Panthers, Phoof – STFU and play your game Phoof.
    9. Redskins, DC – he’s baaaaaccckkk. Cracked the top 10 and may be here a while.
    10. Cowboys, zuke – Zeke is back. Everyone lookout.
    11. Titans, zoufan – taking dwho to Skool. Jags or Texans going to make a run?
    12. Packers, Swaney – new car smell is wearing off, now it just smells like swangtang.
    13. Seahawks, Marty – powerful on both sides of the ball, yet will be on the bubble for playoffs.
    14. Saints, DP – flashes of greatness, NFCS is still up for grabs.
    15. Jaguars, vanflank – this is Johnny Football’s team now. Enough time to overtake the Titans?
    16. Texans, NWS – the other team in Texas… still alive and as good a shot as the rest of his div.
    17. Bears, sunshine – laggy loss to Lions will haunt this team.
    18. Eagles, kotb – difficult schedule remaining, improbable but not impossible.
    19. Patriots, Maori – big wins and big losses, which team is this?
    20. Giants, Bundy – star injuries hurt Bundy bad and there may not be time to recover.
    21. Cardinals, noexult – probably ranked too low but his remaining schedule is soft.
    22. Broncos, nutt – proving to be more than just a dick artist.
    23. Raiders, ace – might be good if he can get out of his own way.
    24. 49ers, Big Oz ‐ Oz has been in so many close games, close them out Oz!
    25. Chargers, Kayser – Bolts need the offseason as much as any other team.
    26. Colts, Dardman – has played very good on offense but the D still needs work to compete.
    27. Jets, Pack – flying high and that’s not a Jets pun.
    28. Falcons, King – may have flipped the switch, let’s wait and see…
    29. Buccaneers, Waffle – Monte has not been as dominant as expected and the offense feels it.
    30. Lions, bizzy – is it Madden 18 yet?
    31. Chiefs, Widowmaker – has some playmakers, offseason is critical to next season’s success.
    32. Dolphins, Lethal – “power tanking” as coined by Toshy.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13

Post by aceblazer13 Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:59 am

The much anticipated 2019 offseason is here and we finally were gifted with the Combine tonight. I'm sure everyone was surprised with the depth of talent and also the fact that the top 5 aren't as clear as we all expected.  Picks are changing hands faster than most of us can keep track of but we all love speculation about how the draft will go down.  So with special thanks to Tosh and Bizzy for their input, and Zuke for making sure this list is as accurate as possible, we present one iteration of how the draft may go down.  Of course, I'm writing this at 1AM Hawaii time so by the time I wake up, this whole thing will probably be outdated and worthless but I hope you all find it entertaining.  I look forward to your comments, positive or negative.

1ATLWR Derron BurleyAbsolutely no question King goes WR here.  Julio left a big hole and Atlanta's offense never found their rhythm. Burley is a big step in the right direction… literally.
    2MIAOLB Manny DeLoachSmoke screens everywhere at this pick but Lethal won't pass up the first Heisman winner on D since Woodson in '97, especially a LB with this kind of natural talent.
    3NYJCB Nile PlummerEasy.  Revis retired and Plummer arrives to repair the leak.
    4KCHB Rashaun GermanyPlenty of better players on the defensive side of the ball but KC addresses their true need and that is offensive production.  They take the best all around back on the board.
    5PITWR Conor Sloweyovfd returns to what he knows best with this draft class… drafting wideouts.  Slowey will make Pitt forget about Brown quickly.
    6SDCB Gant CurriePrather got shipped out to TB leaving a large gash in the secondary.  Currie is the cure.  
    7BALMLB Russell TinkerLuigi has a thing for LBs from Alabama and can't resist Tinker at MLB.  Instant synergy with Mosley.
    8PHIDE Zack Winklerkotb has needs on both sides of the ball but there is a concensus that DE is biggest need.  Winkler provides speed and strength to fill that need.  
    9SDDT Deion WilkinsKayser gets another shot just in case the first was a miss.  He sticks with defense and grabs the fastest DT in the draft
    10SFQB Evan TeelJust picked up 4 WRs from the free agent pool but who will throw them the ball?  Not too many options in this draft but Teel looks like the best available if you need a QB.  
    11OAKOLB Miles CarsonWith an obvious LB need and the Heisman off the board, ace takes the player that crushed the combine hoping that it translates to success on the field in an actual game.
    12OAKDE Drico TripplettIn an effort to ensure a hit in round 1, the Raiders traded up to create a back to back pick scenario and in doing so created a hole on the DL.  The hole gets patched here with the next best DL on the board.  If pick 11 is a hit, don't be surprised if Oakland moves down from this pick.
    13BALLT Gerrell Wilcox The Luigi Offensive Line Academey (LOLA) churns on with superstar Stanley on a plane out of Baltimore.  Wilcox is a project and hits the lottery by being selected by Baltimore at #13.  He will earn a two year degree in pocket protection before getting a ticket out of town to the next team needing a juiced lineman.
    14DENCB Bryant HankersonDenver made some moves to address their secondary but still see the need to add another piece.  They do so by grabbing Hankerson, a solid pass defender in both zone and man that should see playing time from game 1.
    15CHIQB Riley NesbitWhile Chi-town really just needs a warm body to hand off the ball to their backs, they still need to be able to pass every now and then and they choose "the other" QB available in this season's draft class.
    16PITS Jean WangSomehow Wang slips all the way to 16 and ovfd can't pass up what is debatably the best player available to this point.
    17GBOLB Rich HillenmeyerHillenmeyer had a great combine showing his power in the exercises.  Green Bay noticed and addresses a need by making Rich the 17th pick of the draft.
    18INDCB Lee PeadIndy's issue last season was no secret.  They had no defense and they continue to address the issue this offseason by adding one of the better DBs in the draft with Pead.
    19NYGDT Jermane McKinnonBundy needs help on the D Line.  McKinnon provides power, speed, and great value deep in the 1st.
    20NODE Victor SepulvedaDP like Bundy is looking for some help on the defensive front and also finds that power/speed combo.
    21LAMLB Buck GoodrichHow does a guy named Buck fly under the radar?  Not sure but he fell all the way to #21 eventhough he is coming in at #2 on the MLB ranking list.
    22TBWR LeVeon DadaWaffle selects the next best WR on the list and Dada is no slouch logging a 4.37 40 time.  
    23DENTE Nico HurtThe best TE on the board is available and Denver adds yet another receiving threat by locking up Hurt.
    24DALOLB Bradley AlexisWhile muttering obscenities because Denver selected the TE they were eyeballing, Dallas selects the physical specimen out of LSU to bolster their LB corps.
    25CINOLB Ralston McIntyreCinci takes the next best LB available while also muttering obscenities because they were looking at Alexis as their next pick.
    26JAXFS Demarco LoudFlank is committed to BPA drafting and selects Loud who received significant hype in the offseason.
    27ATLLG Aaron GettisEveryone King wanted is "stolen" by now.  He will move from this spot.  He should stick with it and take Gettis, possibly the best OL player in the draft.
    28LARG Brenden BollingerKnugs has other needs but sees King take a stud G and decides to take the other stud G. 
    29DETCB Pierce DansbyDoes Bizzy even make the draft?  If he does, he takes best CB remaining which is probably Pierce.
    30CARSS Trevence McDuffieCam wanted a receiving threat at TE but Nico is gone so Phoof selects the best S on the board in Duff.
    31WAST Calvin WorthamWortham received a lot of positive attention in news releases and DC takes him as best O player up.
    32GBOLB Rashard CarverSwaney goes with best player available and selects Carver.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm