Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

NFC South Week 1 Review

sgtmuck1337
    sgtmuck1337

NFC South Week 1 Review Empty NFC South Week 1 Review

Post by sgtmuck1337 Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Atlanta Falcons Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Bucs took the NFC South last season and come into the season as the favorite to repeat as the south champion. So what better way to start off the season with a 12-10 win over the Falcons. The Falcons put up a fight but in such a close defensive game to's are the backbreaker. Sadly that is exactly what Matt Ryan did with his 3 int's.

Muck's Key Stats and Players
    Stats
    1.Tampa Bay won the TO battle 3-1
    2.T.O.P With a game this close the victor usually controls the ball and it shows here with a 16.09 to 11.51 difference.

Players
    1.Roddy White- 8 rec 153 yds 19.1 avg
    2.Aqib Talib- 5 tkl 2 int's

Minnesota Vikings Vs New Orleans Saints
    This game was all about offense with just enough defense to make an impact. The Saints are a team you can not turn the ball over against and expect not to pay for it. The Vikings had a great game when it comes to moving the ball. However, they could not keep the ball in their hands long enough. It's not a bad thing to score fast....unless Drew Brees is on the other sideline. The Saints on the other hand did a very good job of making the most of the Vikings mistakes and winning 55-38. I have the Saints picked to win the south this year but they need to sure up the pass d before I start to have my doubts.
    Stats
    1.T.O.P This game was dominated by the Saints as far as T.O.P is concerned. If you give Draftpick and his hall of famer QB this much time you are gonna lose. 19:01 to 8:59
    2. I could go with the TO's here but I am gonna take a different route. In a game dominated by offense the Saints' ability to control the clock won this game. So the number 2 stat is going to the 148 to 69 rushing for the Saints.
    Players
    1.Christian Ponder- 19-31 463yds 3 td's 4 ints with a qb rating of 97.9. Percy Harvin is honorable mention but Ponder showed he has potential to be great. Get the TO's down and the completion rating up this kid could be a superstar.
    2.Julius Hampton- 9 att 68 yds 2 td's. In a game dominated threw the air this little guy helped manage the game and keep the ball in Drew's hand.

Carolina Panthers Vs Chicago Bears
    This game was a horrible show on offense by both teams. Combining for 12 TO's and hardly no offense what so ever. With that said both defenses played outstanding. The Bears who made it to the Super Bowl last year off such a stingy defense looks to have maintained that threw the offseason. The Panthers who are now under new management showed they also have a solid defensive team. The Panthers started the game with 4 int's out the gate with two being returned for pick 6's and another for a fg. Once things settled down the Panthers had their chance to show what they were made of and allowed only 3 points in the 2nd half. Kicking a last secound FG to win the game 29-27 the Panthers are lucky to be 1-0. Both teams will need to fix their offense if they have any hope of making it to the playoffs.
    Stats
    1.TO's Panthers had 5 int's plus a fumble, while the Bears gave up 6 int's. This is a lack of preperation on offense or and extremly well played defensive game. Just felt like both teams stunk it up out there.
    2.1 Offensive TD all game. Brandon Marshall was the only player on offense to step into an endzone this game. The Defense's outscored the Offense's 28-7 in this game.
    Players
    1.Brian Urlacher- 7 tkl's 2 tfl. Not great stats but I felt his presence out there the whole game.
    2. Captain Munnerlyn- 2tkl's 2int's 1td 92int yds. Came in after having his spot takin by not 1 but 2 rookies and producing big.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:25 am