Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Playbook Concern

alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Playbook Concern  Empty Playbook Concern

Post by alwaysrushing Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 am

A couple of seasons ago I quit using 5-2 as my base d once I heard a few people had a problem with it. I started going to 4-3 under or 4-3 over when the o had 1 or 2 wr on the field. Now according to the all-knowing kingevisu those formations are just too cheesy for anybody to hope to compete against (ignore my 2-3 record) or for anybody to hope to get the ball downfield (even though by some chees cutting miracle there's still a minimum of 10 of these attempts downfield to julio/roddy every time we play)

Buut anyways the point im getting at is the d playbook I use is getting pretty thin at legit formations so maybe we should just ban the whole playbook all-together?

DETROIT LIONS
    4-3 Stack
    4-3 Under
    4-3 Over
    4-3 Over Plus

5-2 Normal

Nickel Normal
    Nickel 3-3-5
    Nickel Strong

Dime Normal

Quarter Normal
    Quarter 3 Deep
    ocwrestler23
    ocwrestler23

Playbook Concern  Empty Re: Playbook Concern

Post by ocwrestler23 Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 am

i personally think that the multple d playbook should be banned i dunno what playbook that u use but like baltimore and multiple d should be banned bc thats where 90 percent of complaints come from when guys are complaining on someones defense and defensive formations. i also think that on o broncos and patriots playbook could be banned bc those playbooks seem to be where 90 percent of offnsive complaints come from from what i have seen and heard anyway. and just in my opinion running a 4-3 over or under all game is actually about the same as a 5-2 in my opinion bc there are 5 down lineman and 2 standing lbs blitzing from this formation is very effective especially if u user a dt and blitz a standing lb behind him its usally good for quick pressure as the gaurd cannot block 2 people at same time and the rest of the line already have blocking assignments. I actually ran the 4-3 over under a little at start of madden 12 but found that pressure out of it was too quick so i quit using it.
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:30 am

Detroit Lions d playbook, the 3rd linebacker isn't down just shifted close to the line.. I feel like over under is no different than starting stacked and shifting linebackers one way and line the other.. which ive seen many people do and then they user the linebacker through the line to stuff the runner?
    ocwrestler23
    ocwrestler23

Post by ocwrestler23 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:05 am

i dont mind it at all to stop the run that is perfectly fine with me but its the pass rush that is why i stoped using it bc it was almost instant for the dt or lb to get to the qb was my only problem with it. but even with a stnading lb the oline is fully blocked up already bc the tackle shows he is blocking the standing olb so the blitz is usally instant and super effective imo
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 am

That is when I send a linebacker out of it is when i think a run is coming but there's no way to tell run or pass preplay? I don't run it against a 3 wide set I go to nickel. Against 3 wide set is when a d end comes free. If I had a d end or linebacker coming free on every play I would generate more than 0 sacks. The 1 sack I had was in garbage time when the qb was scrambling.
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 am

I just went to practice mode and tested it out. 4-3 over and under are exactly the same as using the preset shifts out of 4-3 stack. So should we ban using the preset shifts of linebackers or lineman left and right now too? Some people have got soo nit picky and high and mighty around here they act like their shit dont stink. Every single person you play is going to have a few annoying tendencies to their gameplay style but that does not make it cheesy just because its not how you roll. I also find it hard to believe that nobody else ever blitzes an outside linebacker. I see user linebackers come off the butt of a d tackle being blocked almost every damn game i play. Maybe we should just ban user involvement on d and take turns playing against cpu defenses? I user my d tackle and am blocked flat on my ass just as many plays as I am involved, especially without justin long.
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 am

I am currently like 24th in the league in sacks so I guess I need to start cheesing harder to get up to scratch. League leader has 24 I have 12.
    ocwrestler23
    ocwrestler23

Post by ocwrestler23 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:03 pm

noone said you were cheesy not even king he said it was annoying and i can agree i play some annoying tendacies but you cannot judge it by sacks first of all bc alot of qb hits and ints are caused from the pressure. I am not saying you are AI exploitative tactics there are much worse playstyles than what you are talking about i wouldnt mind the d u running as long as you do go dime and nickle and stuff i am cool with it but others dont like it not everyone gonna agree on everything thats for sure. I dont agree with alot of things others do thats for sure and i am sure others dont like things i do but there are some play styles that just shouldnt even be played from these playbooks thats not a persons fault for using the playbook but there is a time when they find people steady complaining about it they need to least try to change it up some.
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 pm

I just think that if my d was that fullproof I wouldn't get owned as often as I do and teams wouldn't be able to run on me which they do. King gave the rushing attack 4 attempts and had a hard time? Boo Hoo I have worse days than that on the ground but I dont assume the other guy is cheesing because of it. I find it hard to swallow that im the only one that runs variations of the 4-3? And yes I use nickel and dime against passing formations. And king said he would never play me again because I have an annoying formation? If that was the case then I wouldnt play half the people in this league. I do not do any sort of auto play where a linebacker comes through every single time. When i do blitz its usually 1 linebacker and occasionally he gets free. So nobody but me has a linebacker that makes a play in the backfield on occasion. I feel terribly singled out when ive seen almost everybody else do the same thing only I find it even worse when the linebacker is usered. The rule would have to be you can only blitz a linebacker out of 4-3 stack or base 3-4 if you were trying to be fair to me, and you cant blitz a linebacker if you shift them to the left or the right because thats what your telling me im doing wrong?
    ocwrestler23
    ocwrestler23

Post by ocwrestler23 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:43 pm

im not saying you did anything wrong lol i didnt play you i play a base 4-3 will shift line if i think counter or or shift to strong side if i think power o i usually keep lbs were they are unless nickle and i am trying to get lb on the te or hb side so i know what you mean im not saying u did anything wrong i didnt play nor see it lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content