Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

QB Mobilization

alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

QB Mobilization  Empty QB Mobilization

Post by alwaysrushing Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Soo we used to be very against this but now I feel I am in the minority when it comes to being anti quarterback running. I am learning to accept this, but I still felt like voicing my concern.

My example is a 3rd and 3-5 yards. Offense has 3 or 4 wideouts, QB drops back few step drop then takes off running up the middle. The only players that react before the quarterback is atleast 4 yards downfield is the players pass rushing(which in this case is often just the 4 down lineman) So 5 blockers in front of a QB against 4 guys attempting to stop him.. going to get that first down 8 or 9 times out of 10 so how is that a fair maneuver?

You might say well what about a user backer(which i dont do). Even if you are in user coverage chances are you are going to be downfield or toward the sideline COVERING somebody. Shouldn't have to sit in the middle of the field the whole game because the qb runs, same concept as you shouldnt have to user cover a halfback the whole game if that was a teams primary pass catcher.
    Itz BankShots
    Itz BankShots

QB Mobilization  Empty Re: QB Mobilization

Post by Itz BankShots Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 am

I plead the fifth
    ocwrestler23
    ocwrestler23

Post by ocwrestler23 Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 am

i fully agree with what you are saying and qb runs are super effective as qbs are running over lbs half the time anyway i know some people design run there qb on some plays but it should least be limited unless a opponent is like all out blitzing every down or something like that
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:11 pm

IMO it is fine, even if it is used in those situations as long as its in moderation. I have yet to play someone in this league who will run with their QB on 3rd and 5 on every series or even every drive or even every game. Some QBs are more mobile then others, and that something that should be used to your advantage every so often.

As far as the usering goes, just part of the handicap. You play user DL you are handicapping yourself against that among other things. You play user safety you are handicapping yourself among other things. You play LB you probabably have the best chance especially if you are playing zone, but then again if you miss the tackle that is on you.

Also, people who play DL have a greater chance of breaking down the pocket, flushing the QB out. Are they supposed to take a sack when they have 25 yards of open field in front of them because he their are 7 or 8 guys in coverage and everyone is downfield past the sticks? No, they are not.

I agree with you guys, except for IBS, but just like everything else, I think in moderation it is fine. I have no problem whatsoever with a QB tucking and running every so often.
    sunshine1327
    sunshine1327

Post by sunshine1327 Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 pm

The problem I have comes from those individuals who only utilize the qb run in crucial situations. They may not do it all game and then in the four quarter on third downs go to the qb run in a spread set knowing they will get that important first down. If it's a part of the gameplay for me it's cool, but when only used as a guarantee it upsets me a little. Otherwise it's part of the game
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:20 pm

I think your missing the point a bit here kotb. I'm not debating whether there's advantages to usering s and lb. Obviously there is or most people wouldn't do it anymore. What I said was even if you are usering a lb chances are you won't be in a position to make that play.

Having a fast qb just makes that move all the more cheap. The advantage should be buying time to pass and with zero options outside of the pocket then take off running. Or ok to run if under pressure in the pocket like oc said. Dropping back in a spread formation then taking off up the middle right away is going to work 90-95% of the time in that passing situation.. which in my book is not sim style. If it was a designed draw that's a different story because then atleast the defense would attempt to stop this instead of just the 4 lineman against 5 blockers. Madden AI just isnt smart enough to recognize the change from a passing play to an instant run when it isnt designed. For that reason we had zero qb running tolerance in madden 11.

And sunshine ive also ran into this many times. Suddenly in the 4th quarter 2 min drill offense goes all spread then runs up the middle a couple times for 15 yards a pop even with a mediocre qb like cassel or dalton, then before you know it are within easy pass range for the win. I mean what's a d supposed to do in a 2 min drill defense run 4-3 with a linebacker blitz and be completely vulternable to 4-5 wideouts?
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:44 pm

I understood what you meant before and after, and I still feel the same. There a certain aspect of it that is 'cheap', I get that and agree. But there are tons of things in this game that are cheap, it really becomes a play by play basis as you and OC alluded to. It really is just a matter of the man behind the sticks.
    ocwrestler23
    ocwrestler23

Post by ocwrestler23 Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:59 pm

i agree 1 thing i think is kinda obvious in this game is a qb that can run is pretty much better than a hb imo and i agree with rushing if a guy drops back and does his reads then tucks and runs i am fine if a guy is under heavy pressure either from a blitz or non blitz and tucks and runs i am fine but spreading offenses and tucking running before a wr evens turns around on a comeback route is kinda bad imo i know there are some plays in some playbooks that have some kinda qb runs and i am fine with those i just think it should be limited all together unless a guy keeps on blitzing all out and qb running is working and the guy doesnt stop the blitz than thats his fault run a qb spy if you know guy runs with qb doesnt always work but works more than it doesnt i played tosh who seems to run alot with qb (not being shitty tosh) i ran alot of spying on him he ran 3 times didnt get a ton of yards and seemed to only run at right times so was happy with him but i have played the 4 wide straight run with qb on 3rd downs also so know what you mean alwaysrushing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 am