Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
bigregg22
kotb
grimlock11
bizzyrg
VanFlank
zoufan
alwaysrushing
bayoub3ngals
ovfd55
13 posters

Help me Please

ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Help me Please Empty Help me Please

Post by ovfd55 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 am

a Word that I've been hearing alot latley is FUN

so my question How can I make it so yall have more fun

Some Ideas I've had

-Let it be known that 48 means you can take the 48 I won't sim unless all games are done or the 48 is up

Pro-Less stress in scheduling don't have to worry bout getting it in as soon as advance or try to make time when you don't really have it.

Con-I like the quick advances lol

-Crackdown on use of Bump and run/auto Press Defensive

Pro-See differnt defenses

Con-everyone prob has a differnt idea on how much is to much

-Crackdown on inside runs to sideline/90% of runs to outside

Pro-See more types of runs and help get DT stats

Con-Hbs trip on inside don't break as many big runs

-Adjust Sliders to tone down Interceptions/Def Catch

Pro-get more real stats from defenses(9 picks in a game is not real)

Con-Will see more of the how did they not catch on defense

-Adjust Sliders to Help Fumbles

Pro-less 5 fumble games

Con-not sure how much I can help as I think its more DPP

-Adjust Blocking to help Oline

Pro-less 30 sack seasons

Con-might give Passing to much of a advantage,will teams that get low sacks get any if adjusted

(Sliders would be tested in a test League)

Please help me if you have any Ideas to make game more Fun

Commish note-I realize most people bringing up Fun are losing at moment but understand where they coming from
    bayoub3ngals
    bayoub3ngals

Help me Please Empty Re: Help me Please

Post by bayoub3ngals Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 am

i dont think adjusting the sliders will make a huge diff. i do agree to crackdown on the outside runs and man press
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Post by alwaysrushing Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 am

I think the allocating 48 hours no matter what is a good idea. I myself am usually available to get a game in, and I like the fast advances, but it would be less stressful for others with less free time.

The bump and run would be difficult to police. I think it would bring about alot of arguing. Some guys should take it upon themselves to do a better job of mixing up the play calling. Throw in a zone or a blitz every 3-4 plays! Certainly makes it more enjoyable for the opponent when he's looking at defenses that variate. A majority of my plays are man to man like most of us, but I do either bring the rain or zone up about 1 out of every 3.

I don't see a prob with the running style. I see plenty of successful and plenty of dud runs both inside and out. Most of mine are usually duds no matter where I run.

Slight AI adjustments would be fine. Doesn't really matter to me.
    zoufan
    zoufan

Post by zoufan Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am

I don't see a 90% rate of running to the outside like some do. Some owners have good success running inside. But can understand cutting some of that down.

And I like the idea of maybe turning down the INT slider. There are way too many INT's imo.

And I don't see many games with several fumbles. Some rain games there are a few, but never out of hand.
    VanFlank
    VanFlank
    Commissioner

Post by VanFlank Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am

I agree with

48 hr advs work for me

Man Press - i like what rush said. Mix in a zone every 3 plays. Im seeing it every down right now so every 3 plays would be a huge improvment. Owners need to be aware of how much they are doing it, no excuses. It would REALLY help with the FUN factor.

Slider adjustments for all stated would be great - all the points brought up NEED help.

Running outside should be the same ratio as the man press. Make sure at least 33% of your runs are up the middle.

bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

Post by bizzyrg Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am

I like the way the advancing schedule is working now. This fun to me. However ppl should know that it is 48 hr advances and they do have that time when they need it. I think scheduling your games within the 1st 24 is nice, but doesnt mean you have to play in the 1st 24. If you dont play til hr 47, it is wat it is. As far as adjusting sliders doesnt matter to me other than i think i fumble too much. but it is wat it is. I understand why ppl call the 2man so much. i run alot of different defenses and never seem to give up points if im in 2man. BUT we should still mix it up.
    grimlock11
    grimlock11
    Consensus Funniest in the Chat

Post by grimlock11 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 am

Personally see the BnR as one of the biggest problems. In a way it helps INT's and Sacks get outta hand cause even the best WRs cant get open. If ur playing a guy running that all game either his defense is gonna rack up the sacks or ur qb is gonna throw ints cause ur forcing shit and sometimes both.
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 pm

on the inside runs

It's not called inside or outside runs that are the problem.
    It's when guys make an unrealistic 90 degree cut and head straight to the sidelines. Some plays are designed to that....jet sweeps, tosses, even stretches TO A DEGREE.

Follow your damn blocks. On a power O you should be reading your pulling guard to see if he kicks out a defensive end or go up to the next level to try and seal off the LB. Don't just bounce it outside immediately. Most guys probably don't even realize that they are doing it. Try using the stick to juke instead of just holding R trying to run away.

Obviously there are exceptions but its really stupid when someone calls a dive and just takes it outside right away. Thuis can be applied to KR AND PR as well
    bigregg22
    bigregg22

Post by bigregg22 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I don't think there is a problem with the RT or Oline in this game as much as some think... Most of the time when people drop back and pass in here, I noticed instead of a regular 3 or 5 step drop back or a 7, they go about 10-12 yards back when they see pressure come... That's what makes they RT stop blocking sometimes..... Instead u should STEP UP in the pocket so when the DE gets around your RT he will have to cut back up field and the RT can gain control again.... It's works for me...
    SyrcsePride
    SyrcsePride
    Poster Child for Korea's Gangnam Style Movement

Post by SyrcsePride Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Being as someone who isn't adept at the passing game as most, I wasn't really aware of the BnR problem. I always thought my WRs fucking sucked. I'm guilty of running M2M about 80% of the time, but only because I'm more comfortable with my guys playing that way. But I do tailor that plan if I find my guys struggling with coverage. I'm looking at you Terrence McGee.

Now being a primary running team, I could see a few complaints against me for how I run. I never go into a game to abuse the run. I let the defense dictate whether I go inside or outside. If I'm up against Wake/Peppers, I will lean towards running inside. If I'm up against a team with a questionable DE, I'm pounding that side. In pre-snap, if I see MLBs creeping up in the middle, I'm audibling outside and vice versa if a team has the NDB strong side.

I'm still having fun and believe that there are things out of our control. If sliders can help then so be it. I'm up for anything that will help out the league. This is one of my only outlets for honest male fun. Without this then I'm trolling the bars hoping that the chick doesn't have a dick.
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

Post by G Waffle19 Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 am

I didnt know we werent having fun quite frankly im terrible and have only said im not having fun once and coach talked me off the ledge. Ive played mostly everyone here and i cant honestly bitch about one persons gameplay...if someone plays bump...beat it...put guys in motion...im just confused by all this....maybe it is cause i suck and im not good enough...but i dont hear a lot of the guys who generally draft in te top 10 bitching about gameplay.
    zukezuchegno
    zukezuchegno

Post by zukezuchegno Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 am

Help me Please Sigpic137169_11
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda
    Spokesperson for DWHO's LBGTQ Chapter

Post by HittinAgenda Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

I don't know what Zuke means, but I'm with him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 am