Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
aceblazer13
bizzyrg
HittinAgenda
7 posters

The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda
    Spokesperson for DWHO's LBGTQ Chapter

The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread Empty The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread

Post by HittinAgenda Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

First screenshots today...oh frabjous day, coolah, coolay!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread Empty Re: The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread

Post by HittinAgenda Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 pm

[img][/img][Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread Empty Re: The Official Madden 13 HYPE!! Thread

Post by HittinAgenda Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:41 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:41 pm

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 pm

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Sat May 05, 2012 2:12 pm

bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

Post by bizzyrg Sat May 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Only one more month before we find out wat connected career is. Amd all i really want ti know where is the OLF info!?!?!
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Tue May 08, 2012 8:05 pm

aceblazer13
    aceblazer13
    Keith of the Hawaiian Keiths

Post by aceblazer13 Wed May 09, 2012 2:53 am

"Play Career - Be a player or coach" Anybody seen any info on the coaching part?
    Boseefus
    Boseefus
    The Inspirational "My Left Foot" of DWHO

Post by Boseefus Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 am

Yes ace, the coach is the guy on the sideline wearing a headset, he can be responsible for playcalling as well as other personnel decisions.
    aceblazer13
    aceblazer13
    Keith of the Hawaiian Keiths

Post by aceblazer13 Wed May 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Bo, you always forget the :<<rimsho

Last edited by aceblazer13 on Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Would have been funny if emoticon actually worked...)
    zukezuchegno
    zukezuchegno

Post by zukezuchegno Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I love you
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Those Seahawks unis are ugly
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Post by ovfd55 Tue May 15, 2012 8:19 am

Madden NFL Community Event #3

Hey Guys, I just returned from the latest Madden NFL CE held in Orlando at EA Tiburon and the Sheraton Hotel in North Orlando Florida. This is the 2nd event I have attended this year for EA SPORTS Madden NFL series this cycle (out of 3), the first was in early February while the game was just coming out of the concept stage. I was going to write up a short blog after the February event but knowing that everything was pretty much concept only (minus a few things that were actually in game at that point), I figured it would be best to take the wait and see approach as to how much actually made it into the game. “The proof is in the pudding” so to speak. Well I am happy to report after this past week that nearly everything they promise to get in, will make it into the final version! Some of the items they hoped to get it made it, while others didn’t due to time constraints. Now obviously I am under strict NDA as to what I can reveal (basically I can only go into further detail on what has been released at this point). Let’s go into a little more detail on some of the stuff you already know about. I got around 45 hours of hands-on with Madden NFL 13 last week. Keep in mind that ALL of this stuff will still be tuned several times before it goes Gold (probably at the end of July) so what I saw may change slightly.

Upgraded Passing System, Trajectories, Hot Routes… all that fun stuff

This is a huge item for many of you (myself included) so let’s hit this topic right off the bat. The Passing system IS as advertised. Pass trajectories have been added so make sure you put touch on your throws when you need to. This has ELIMINATED the so-called super line backers. HOWEVER, if you throw a bullet pass directly to a linebacker with a receiver a few yards (5 maybe) behind him, you will possibly get picked off. I just wanted to put that in there for the folks who refuse to use actual passing windows like they are supposed to (and have to in the NFL). Use common sense and the pass will get there pending your QB can make the throw.
    “Throwing a receiver open” is HUGE! It is a great feeling to see a receiver well covered and being able to aim the throw to where only he can catch it. Can you say back shoulder throws?!? That’s right, it is in there. I threw maybe 10-12 touchdowns using back shoulder throws, either at the goal line or in the end zone. Beautiful! Leading a receiver or throwing to a spot works very well (once again, if your QB can make a good throw) but is very much dependent on the user. It will take you a few games for sure to get used to the intricacies of the new system.

Hint: You had better learn how to user catch

Hot Routes have also changed somewhat. You now have the original fade route from past editions of the Madden NFL series, and once you get within 15 yards of the endzone you have the “Jump ball” fade from the last 2 years. Also, the slant out has been removed as it was one of the most glitch riddled parts of the game. It isn’t on the NFL passing tree so it’s gone! It has been replaced by the Z-Out which is an excellent addition to the hot route table. The hot routes for the running backs have also been changed, you now have the ability to call swing routes and also “Blue Routes” also known to be check routes. These routes tell the running backs to check for the blitz pickup then go out in the pass pattern. This is a great addition versus a blitz heavy defense.

Defensive Alignment and Read and React Defenders
    The offense isn’t the only part of the game that got some work. The defense got (in my opinion) the best game play upgrade this year. Defensive Alignments are back and better than ever. Gone are the days when you come to the line of scrimmage (LOS) and read zone or man coverage and audible to the corresponding coverage beater. The “Best on Best” principle, or matchup zone, now places your best cornerbacks on the best receivers, even when running a base zone coverage. No longer can the offense come out in tight twins and see what base coverage scheme you are running.

Hint: When you are on offense, you better learn how to actually read a defense and fast.

Also in this year is the “Read and React” defensive coverage. Now, this was one of my biggest concerns from the first community event in February. Back then, the DB’s tended to turn their hips late on the trail and follow technique which allowed the receiver to get a few unnecessary steps on them (especially on the deep ball). I am very pleased to report that this is no longer the case as of the builds we played. The DB’s get their hips around just when you would expect them to and it is really a smooth transition. Great CB’s such has Revis, Bailey, and Haden play lockdown man coverage which makes “throwing the receiver open” very important to offenses but in essence it is still not a good idea to throw their way.

Hint: Do NOT throw on Revis, trust me on this

Quite possibly my biggest pet peeve from Madden NFL12 is almost completely gone, that being defenders making crazy no-look interceptions. This year the defenders (and receivers) have to see the ball to make a play on it which is huge. The only exceptions to this defensively seem to be when user control is involved. However, user catching on both sides of the ball has been made more “friendly” but it also seems that it is not as guaranteed as last year. Once again some more tuning should eliminate the “user no-look pick” as per the feedback many of us presented at the community event. With the DB’s not seeing the ball (when their back is turned), is when you really start to see the ability to throw off the route and go up and get it with your receiver.

Commentary

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms have been brought in to replace Chris Collinsworth and Gus Johnson. While I will miss the crazy sayings of Gus (he is running like he stole something), I will not miss the different audio levels and stitched together (almost painful) commentary. I’m gonna be honest with you, last year I turned commentary off after the first month for the first time ever. Some of that was due to the fact that I highly edit my YouTube videos and its sounds bad like that to have commentary skipping around, but mainly I turned it off because it was noticeable in game and almost distracting. That is a bad thing in my opinion.
    We did have commentary in the builds we played in our community event last week. We also had 16 TV’s going at once so it was somewhat hard to discern which game you were actually hearing but the commentary was smooth like butter. Nothing stood out to me that said “wow…that’s horrible”. It was refreshing to hear actual organic commentary that doesn’t detract from the gameplay experience. If I would have brought my headset, I could give you a much better impression on the commentary itself, but alas, like I said there were 16 stations going at once. I think this will be a monumental upgrade over what we have had since Madden was born in the 1980’s.
    Well that about does it for what I can actually discuss. Look for more MAJOR improvements when the June 4th announcements are made. Dynasty League Gaming will be coming out with some exclusive content (blogs, videos, interviews) during E3 detailing all of the announcements that are coming out. Get ready for the revolution.
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 am

ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Post by ovfd55 Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 am

I can't be only one wondering how you get 1st and inches from the 32
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 pm

kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 pm

So what he said as far as passing trajectories go, is that zone will be pointless to call.
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Wed May 16, 2012 9:10 pm

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 am

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Thu May 24, 2012 11:53 pm

HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

E3 News:

Via Pasta: Madden 13 Kinect integration allows for making calls at the line (flipping plays, calling out players for hot routes, making audibles, snapping the ball). Kinect voice commands for both offense and defense.
    HittinAgenda
    HittinAgenda

Post by HittinAgenda Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Webcast replay here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Connected Career Blog: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Teaser trailer: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:31 am