Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Ov's Draft review

ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Ov's Draft review Empty Ov's Draft review

Post by ovfd55 Tue May 03, 2016 10:33 am

I hate putting this in writing so yall can throw it back at me when I'm wrong.

Ov's Top  Drafts
    1.Jags-Focused on Defense and might left with 2 best in draft,Ngakoue and Day both should see good time getting after the passer in nickel and Brandon Allen is a solid QB to build behind Bortles.

2.Vikings-Got Teddy a Big WR who can make plays in 1st,A Top 5 CB in draft in 2nd,a Guy who could be starting at G by end of season and a Top Athlete in the 6'4 4.43 40 German kid in 6th.

3.Bills-Lawson a perfect choice to Replace Mario,Ragland is a day 1 Starter in the middle of the 3-4 hybrid they run,Washington will split time on the Dline,Williams is a solid back,Listenbee can take the top off of Defenses with his track speed.Cardale a Wild card at QB.

Ov's Worst Drafts
    1.Panthers-I like Butler but they have Star and Short at DT already then in my book reached on 3 straight CBs trying to find a Norman replacement.Didn't get any Olineman or WRs in draft,nor a pass rusher to replace charles Johnson down the line,or a linebacker to groom behind a aging Thomas Davis.

2.Steelers-Sorry Van and dickface Think they reached for Burns and Davis to start draft with better talent on the board.They draft for need but just don't think either is ready for role they should have,on plus side Love the 3rd round pick.

3.Titans-Trade back into top 10 for Conklin who isn't the level of pass protecter I'd want if I had Marcus who like RG3 seems to hold the ball a little longer if first option not there.Then go Dodd who the same type of player they already have at them positions with Orakpo and Morgan.Derrick Henry makes little sense to me for them as they gave a 4th for Demarco and they don't compliment each other at all more like the same player and want niether on the field on 3rd down.

Ov's Favorite 1st round Picks
    1.Vernon Hargraves-TB traded back and still got possibly the best CB in the draft,who now gets a year with Brent Grimes and Verner to adjust to NFL without having to be the Guy at CB.

2.Karl Joseph-Oak got one of my Favorite players in Draft,Joseph when healthy can cover and Hit like a truck,should me a true playmaker behind that Dline with Mack Irvin and possibly Aldon.

3.Ryan Kelly-Colts get a Center who should start for over a decade,Smart with 2 degrees while playing 4 seasons for Alabama should help the Run game and protect Luck

Ov's Least Fav 1st Round Picks
    1.Germain Ifedi-Get you have to replace the LT,but don't think Ifedi near ready to be that replacement.

2.Joey Bosa-I like Bosa but don't think he was worth the #3 Pick in the draft esp with the Chargers other needs,

3.Eli Apple-#10 was way to high for Apple in my view esp after paying Jenkins in free agents at CB.

Ov's Top Offensive Rook of year canidates
    1.Zeke Elliot-Behind that Oline in Dallas Zeke should have no trouble putting up big #'s

2.Jared Goff-Gurley should do most of Work but Goff will get some #'s and the Rams will win some games,I might not love goff but he most ready of the Qbs.

3.Michael Thomas-Can Easily see him in the Colston role of the Saints offense and putting up some big #'s this year.

Ov's Top Defensive Rookie of Year canidates
    1.Reggie Ragland-Should rack up tackles behind that defensive line in Buf.

2.Karl Joseph-With that pass Rush could see him with over 5 ints and a good amount of tackles.

3.Su'a Cravens-Will see time at saftey and MLB in Washington and should get good tackles and poss ints.

Ov's Fav Day 2 picks(2-3 Round beside the easy to spot Jack Ragland so on)
    1.CJ Procise-all around HB/former WR LBer,Could see time in Seattle with only Rawls ahead of him.

2.Javon Hargrave-Watching this kid in the FBS see some flashes of Geno Atkins and he didn't look out of place at Senior bowl

3.Shon Coleman-Think the Browns got a really Good RT here

Fav Day 3 Picks(4-7 Rounds)
    1.Kenny Lawler-Pats got my Sleeper Wr in the 7th who can make some great catches,main worry is if he can run routes good enough for Brady to throw him the Ball.

2.Paul Perkins-ugh a Giants but love the Value and Giants got a solid HB in the 5th

3.Pharoh Cooper-Should be able to come in as the slot wr right away and give Goff a Saftey Blanket in LA.
    bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

Ov's Draft review Empty Re: Ov's Draft review

Post by bizzyrg Tue May 03, 2016 11:19 am

Good work.  but we know in hate the Burns comment.  lol A lot of ppl think Burns will be great.  remember he was poorly coached for three years.
    VanFlank
    VanFlank
    Commissioner

Post by VanFlank Tue May 03, 2016 11:34 am

great read while i had my coffee. I agree with the Steelers 1st two picks for these reasons. 

Burns - Man guy , no tape on zone. Raw. Does not fit our system. I'm not sure who i would have taken here. Maybe Jack and go Fuller in the 2nd. Or Mackenzie. 

Davis - Horrible pic. No tape on him at Safety for the position we need him at. Why not take Vonn Bell here? Davis has two huge weaknesses - Missed tackles and coverage. lol we need those things.
    ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Post by ovfd55 Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am

bizzyrg wrote:Good work.  but we know in hate the Burns comment.  lol A lot of ppl think Burns will be great.  remember he was poorly coached for three years.

Don't see Burns fitting the system and really don't have confidence in Steelers DB coach to be much better then the coaching he got in College,he's not going to a team Known for devoloping DBs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm