Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
G Waffle19
ovfd55
zoufan
SyrcsePride
TacTic MaRio
noexult
alwaysrushing
11 posters

Disconnect rule of thumb?

Poll

How would you handle this scenario?

[ 7 ]
    Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_left47%Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_right [47%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_left20%Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_left13%Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_left20%Disconnect rule of thumb? Bar_right [20%] 

Total Votes: 15
    alwaysrushing
    alwaysrushing

Disconnect rule of thumb? Empty Disconnect rule of thumb?

Post by alwaysrushing Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:25 pm

KOTB and Noexult had a disconnect this evening. Their debate brought to light that we don't really have an official rule on how to handle these things.  We are wondering how a majority of owners like to handle this type of thing. It's just something we might want to all get on the same page about.

*With 7:22 left on the clock KOTB was about to get the ball down by 14 points when the game disconnected. Noex recons that the Jets either have to take the sim to win loss or play 1 quarter for 7 min 22 seconds to see if he makes up the 14 point deficit. I see the sense in that, but kotb also had a good point that the flow of the game just isn't the same, and you haven't had a chance to build up to that point.

It always sucks real bad, but in the past i've generally just started fresh 0-0 unless the game was obviously decided. That being said though i'm open to hearing other ideas and suggestions.
    noexult
    noexult

Disconnect rule of thumb? Empty Re: Disconnect rule of thumb?

Post by noexult Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I did say that he could have his 1 timeout spent on a challenge back as well as playing a quarter...and if he does get 14 points(tie=we play on, either entire game or OT rules for one Q, whatever kotb would want), if more or less than 14 points after the first quarter, sim win to winner.
    TacTic MaRio
    TacTic MaRio

Post by TacTic MaRio Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 pm

rush and i had a similar situation. disconnected with me up 13-0 with ball on his end of the field late in the 3rd. We restarted fresh but he gave me a free TD
    SyrcsePride
    SyrcsePride
    Poster Child for Korea's Gangnam Style Movement

Post by SyrcsePride Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:49 am

Think restarting game is an easy call with compromise of maybe Kotb spotting 7 points.
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

Post by G Waffle19 Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 am

unfortunately i say Sim to Win for Cardinals.  He was up 14 pts in the 4th.  I'm talking the baseball approach.  If more than half the game is played during a rainout, the team with the lead gets the win.  Shit happens, sorry KOTB
    zoufan
    zoufan

Post by zoufan Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:18 am

SyrcsePride wrote:Think restarting game is an easy call with compromise of maybe Kotb spotting 7 points.

I'm with Cuse on this one.
    ovfd55
    ovfd55
    Commissioner

Post by ovfd55 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 am

This is a tough one

Like giving point though,maybe Points and make it so Noe gets ball at haltime
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:34 pm

G Waffle19 wrote:unfortunately i say Sim to Win for Cardinals.  He was up 14 pts in the 4th.  I'm talking the baseball approach.  If more than half the game is played during a rainout, the team with the lead gets the win.  Shit happens, sorry KOTB

The odds were in his favor to win but I'm not gonna sit here and say game was over. He was up 14, and he would have been kicking to me with 7+ minutes left. There were a few bang bang plays in that game that could have gone either way. I've also blown double digit point leads in the fourth quarter before.

Personally I've replayed games where the odds were even more in my favor to win (#puntgate) and I know others have done the same. Never been one to recreate situations because to me its just a waste of time.

As far as playing out 7:22 left in the first quarter of a new game, I'd rather just take a loss. To me it just isn't the same, personal preference i guess.

Also for what its worth, NOexult is the one who DC'd.
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

Post by G Waffle19 Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm

KOTB,

I was just using the baseball analogy as a basis when 2 players can't come to an agreed upon way to determine the outcome.  I'm not saying he was definitely even going to win.  7:22 is a lot of game left, i'm not arguing that, hell i've lost games with less time left.  But, once you get to a certain point, it should be decided, and trust that the other person wouldn't D/C on purpose.  

I think it is admirable that OV put this up to the league, and I'm not sure what the decision will be, but it should be OV's call.  I was just putting my 2 cents in, because I've been too quiet this Madden.
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:53 pm

G Waffle19 wrote:KOTB,

I was just using the baseball analogy as a basis when 2 players can't come to an agreed upon way to determine the outcome.  I'm not saying he was definitely even going to win.  7:22 is a lot of game left, i'm not arguing that, hell i've lost games with less time left.  But, once you get to a certain point, it should be decided, and trust that the other person wouldn't D/C on purpose.  

I think it is admirable that OV put this up to the league, and I'm not sure what the decision will be, but it should be OV's call.  I was just putting my 2 cents in, because I've been too quiet this Madden.

I'm ok with either scenario honestly. Just was verbalizing my reasoning thats all.
    zoufan
    zoufan

Post by zoufan Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:57 pm

G Waffle19 wrote:KOTB,
      I was just putting my 2 cents in, because I've been too quiet this Madden.

And what exactly is the problem with this, dickface?!
    Touchdown Bundy
    Touchdown Bundy

Post by Touchdown Bundy Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:23 pm

ovfd55 wrote:This is a tough one

Like giving point though,maybe Points and make it so Noe gets ball at haltime

agree with ovfd, maybe 7 pt lead and ball at half for noexult.  Though now it is a moot point for this game atleast.
    kotb
    kotb

Post by kotb Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm

[20:16:50] @ ovfd55 : 17 mins is alot of time on the clock
    [20:17:05] @ ovfd55 : I came from 21 down vs randy in 4th one playoff
    LethalNtention
    LethalNtention
    May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:18 pm

I normally ask to play best w out of 3, if dc happens with one team with a big advantage.

If that does not work... Fresh restart.

If that does not work... Kill clock and get score back to the time it dropped.

If that does not work... Just give them a win even if they are not down.  Its a gm..lol
    oJ_jr26
    oJ_jr26

Post by oJ_jr26 Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 pm

What if you start the 4th with the same score. Let each other score then when it gets to that point of the same score punt the rest of the game with crew clock then when it's around 8 to go give the guy the ball and play
    LethalNtention
    LethalNtention
    May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:03 pm

2 out of 3... problem solved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm