Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Winter is coming.

AFC - 2017 Regular Season

AFC East

Team Owner Ovr Div
Lethal 4-2 0-0
maori Rugger
3-4 0-0
SyrcsePride
5-2 0-0
PacknLipper 1-7 0-0

AFC North

Team Owner Ovr
Div
TStrohbros 5-3 0-0
CCBeaver 1-6 0-0
Ovfd55 5-2 0-0
Luigi 5-2 0-0

AFC South

Team Owner Ovr Div
Vanflank 5-2 0-0
Dardman50 3-4 0-0
Zoufan 6-1 0-0
Nwstudly 3-3 0-0

AFC West

Team Owner Ovr Div
Bizzy 5-2 0-0
Widow 2-5 0-0
Doublenutt 1-6 0-0
OJ jr 3-4 0-0

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview

coachw527
    coachw527

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview Empty New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview

Post by coachw527 Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:19 am

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview New+York+Jets+Facebook+Cover

New York Times - Jets Coverage 2018

Florham Park, NJ The New York Jets announce the resigning of franchise QB Al Bailey. Bailey signed a contract extension for the next 5 years. Details of the contract are not yet available but it is fair to say he has been given a hefty raise from his rookie contract. The Jets have also extended the contracts of RT Hayden Murray and FS Chris Clemons. Murray signed a 5 year deal and Clemons signed a 1 year deal. The Jets also agreed to terms with veteran FA TE Jason Witten who signed a 1 year deal. Witten should help with the development of TE Jace Amaro, and sell some Jets jerseys too. The Jets are currently in negotiations with LG Kierre Cross, HB Lance Dunbar and DT Franklin Grant to extend their contracts.

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview Tommy-Armstrong-Jr.-Nebraska-Huskers
    Al Bailey Nebraska's all time leading passer

* Update: Al Bailey suffers a broken collarbone in 20-17 loss at Detroit. Bailey is expected to miss 6 weeks.

Following the loss the New York Jets released QB Sam Bradford. He replaced Bailey but was ineffective missing open receivers at key times. The Jets had signed Bradford before week 1, to provide a veteran back-up to Bailey.

* Update: The New York Jets have agreed to a 1 year contract with former Detroit Lions QB Blake Bortles. Bortles was buried deep in Detroit's QB depth chart and was released. Bortles was a former 1st rd draft pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Bortles attended The University of Central Florida. He led the Knights to a Fiesta Bowl victory over Baylor. Bortles will start at QB week 7 at Met Life Stadium vs. the Miami Dolphins. 

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview 546x0

We had a chance to talk with Blake Bortles on his arrival at the Jets practice facility

How does it feel to be a member of the New York Jets?

Honestly it feels really good to have a fresh start. I understand the Jets have a franchise quarterback in Al Bailey, who is a pretty cool dude, but I know I can help this organization. I am confident in my ability and am looking forward to getting the plays down this week in practice.

What are your plans for next season, do you want to return to the Jets or test the free agency?

I'm hoping to play well during the next 6 weeks and let the pieces fall into place. I've been in the league for 4 seasons, started 3 years in Jacksonville. I'm at the point in my career where if I'm not the starting QB, as long as I can contribute when I am needed I am fine with that. If I play well for the Jets and they want my services I would love to come back next season.

When are you gonna tie the knot with that "hot" girlfriend of yours? lol

Now that's a little of base wouldn't you say lol!! Actually we broke up years ago, you need to get caught up on your gossip. She still calls me and we go out every once in a while. I'm just enjoying my freedom, one day I will meet the woman of my dreams and things will all work out, thanks for asking.

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview Lindsey-duke
    bizzyrg
    bizzyrg

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview Empty Re: New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview

Post by bizzyrg Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Nice work coach. I truly enjoy a good write up.
    G Waffle19
    G Waffle19

New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview Empty Re: New York Times - Jets coverage : Blake Bortles interview

Post by G Waffle19 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:51 pm

*thumbs up*
    LethalNtention
    LethalNtention
    May I park your balls?

Post by LethalNtention Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:07 am

Very cook read..,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am